Bali – Famous Province in Indonesia
Bali is a famous province in Indonesia located in the western part of the Sunda Islands. It has a capital called Denpasar which is the most populous city in the East of Indonesia. Bali is known for many things but it is more famous for tourist attractions and sites. The tourists that visit the city rises annually since the 1980s and it has contributed over 75% of its full economic value. Bali tourism constituents include arts, traditional dances, sculpture making, music, and even painting. According to the traveler’s choice award, Bali has been rated most visited in all destinations around the world.
The city of Bali is a great city for several reasons but most especially because of the royal houses, events held yearly and the natural constellations as well. As regarding events, Bali has hosted Miss World in 2013 and also hosted Annual meetings of the International Monetary Fund and World Bank Group. It has also been voted as a UNESCO world heritage site as it’s tourist attractions are very intriguing. Accessing the Bali island, there is an airport named Ngurah Rai International Airport that was opened in 1970 while there are taxis and cabs that could take you directly to the hotels closest to islands, streams, and structures that you wish to visit.
The airport increased the levels of tourism for the island especially Kuta, Seminyak, Sanur, Ubud, Jimbaran, and Pecatu. Also, Bali is known for its attractiveness in its area and landmass, diverse tourist attractions, excellent international and local restaurants, and the friendliness of the people that dwell there.
Layout and Location
Bali has some very interesting parts as well as neighborhoods. Some of them include Buleleng, Candi Dasa, Canggu, Jimbaran Market, Park 23 and a few other places. The island is located in the heart of Indonesia with an architectural style that is dutch related as they have clung to that culture since their independence. The environment has been well catered for as they have been rated as a large chunk of the general Indonesian environmental quality index at a rate of 99.65%. Bali is located between Java to the west and Lombok in the east and it is recorded to have natural attractions and a relaxed atmosphere. It also has hills and mountains, rugged coastlines and a few sand beaches. It has intriguing layouts and the location also encourages visitors to come have fun and rest for a vocational period. find the best beachfront hotels in Bali.
Where to stay in Bali
Places such as Ubud, Seminyak, Canggu, Jimbaran, Nusa Dua, Kuta, and Lagian, etc are considered as best areas to stay in Bali. The price of accommodation in Bali these areas is may vary depending upon the season. Rates get cheaper in the wet season between January and March while it is expensive in the dry season which is between June and August. Some of the best hotels in Bali with good offers and deals include Hoshinoya Bali where you can experience the true essence of Bali and different villas built-in it then Banyan Tree Ungasan which has amazing views and nice pools and finally Mulia Bali which has all the privacy and pampering required to enjoy your stay. All of these hotels are within the rate of $100-$150 with a distance of fewer than 30 minutes from the airport. find the best hotels near the airport.
Where to eat in bali
There are ample of hotels and restaurants in bali of all price range where visitors can enjoy international as well as local cuisines. Some of the famous restaurants include Warung Made’s Munduk, Warung Krisna and Batu Bali with good ratings and several ranges of meals that are cheaper than it is on other continents but a 7-course meal will cost $100 on average. One can also enjoy eating street food from local street vendors but we do not recommend that due to hygiene issues.
There are several things to do in Bali but it is important to get tour guides so you will get involved with all parts of the island, especially in places that are new to you as a tourist. There are tour packages that include tour guides and hotels cover at a very good cost of $30 per person. Some of the places in the itinerary are Goa Gajah Temple, Gunung Kawi, coffee plantation, Lunch at a local eatery and Tegalalang rice Terrace. It also includes Car with AC, English speaking driver, free WIFI, mineral water during the tour then entrance ticket covering. Tour guides are as important as the whole travel time so getting around will be an issue.
Things to do In Bali
In Bali, several things can be done during a touring session but most importantly there some that must be done to enjoy the Island to the fullest. Some of the activities are listed as follows:
- Visit the beautiful shorelines and beaches with calm waters and intriguing sunsets and some of those beaches include Seminyak Beach and Padang Padang Beach
- Visit the Hindu Temples and observe the fine architecture building of the temple. Go to all the temples in compounds, open spaces, and even highlands. You can visit Tanah Lot, Ulun Danu, Gunung Lebah, and Goa Lawah.
- Dress in their traditional clothes and look like them, take pictures and identify with the friendly community
- Hike to volcano site with a proper guide to get views, pictures and scenes capture of the great sight.
- Try to learn about the art and culture of the Balinese dwellers. Here you will watch dancers in festivals like the Bali Art festival, Ubud food festival and Bali Spirit Festival
- Get a good coffee fix and also visit the rice terraces as each of them has a good view of the natural vegetation.
There are other activities but the above mentioned must be done to enjoy a lick of all the attractions that Bali has to offer.
Interesting Facts about Bali
- It is observed that Bali has the highest number of Hindus in all of Indonesia and it rates about 85% in total.
- One of the most attended events in Bali is the Indonesian International Film Festival held annually with visitors from all over the world.
- In Bali, a unified confederation of kingdoms composed of 10 traditional royal Balinese houses is situated there while each house rules a specific landmass and geographical area
- Bali is regarded as part of the famous Coral triangle as the rea has a diverse number of aquatic life with more numbers attributed to fish.
Best time to Visit
Bali has two seasons – wet or rainy season and dry season. The weather in tropical Bali is always warm and human-friendly all year round as the average temperature is about 82 degrees Fahrenheit but tourists prefer dry season when the humidity is low but hotel deals are more expensive rather than the wet season when the hotels and tour packages are quite cheaper. The best time to visit Bali is from the month of April to June and from September to October, which has a good balance of dry and sunny weather along with affordable rates. Months from July to August along with Christmas and New Year are the peak season on the island.
Next step and Conclusions
The next place to be visited is a city called Bangkok where there are better tourist offers. In conclusion, Bali ha sits peculiarities but try to have a 5-7 day tour time around the island to enjoy it to the fullest.