Best Time to Visit the USA
The climate of the US continental shifts dramatically. The northern states enjoy the warm summers, and snowy winters and the tropical climate of southern states brings long humid summer and mild winters. The US country is so vast and diverse that there is no actual wrong time to visit the country. It depends upon when and where you visit in the country. When you plan to visit the US, you need to plan your travel itinerary very carefully.
Winters can bring heavy snowfall and frozen lakes, whereas spring often starts at the end of May, which brings vibrant Flora and Fauna. The temperature in summers can range from warm to hot, and one can feel muggy. Winter season is mostly dry and getting colder further North. Summers are perfect for beach thing, although it can be very hot humid. Shores and national parks are usually colder so you can either choose to relax on a beach or go hiking in a national park. Spring and autumn seasons are often considered as the best time to visit the USA.
Season Wise Travelling Guide to the USA
Winters – November to February
November month marks the arrival of the winter season in the land and half of the northern area of the country witnesses its first snowfall by this time. Winters looks magical in the North of USA, especially in New York and Washington DC which are covered under the snow blanket. The days are colder and shorter as compared to the southern part of the country.
The southern part of the US enjoys the sunshine and pleasant weather with mild weather and possible rain showers. Most of the festivals fall in this season so winter sales on, one can get greats deals on shopping.
- On every fourth Thursday of November, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated for giving thanks to harvest and previous year. This day is celebrated with traditional Thanksgiving Day parades further followed by Black Friday sales.
- Christmas and New Year celebrations are in full swing, twinkling lights and decorations add an ecstatic feel to the east coasts. Watch parades and celebrate New Year at Times Square in New York.
- Enjoy ice-skating in places like Rockefeller Center in New York or Galleria in Houston or go for skiing infamous towns like Jackson, Montana, Vermont, etc.
Spring Season – March to May
Spring is the perfect time for rejuvenation when the winters are gone, and wildlife thrives back. At this time, nature is in full mode, all the natural parks, forests, and wildlife areas turn green and vibrant, and the landscapes look magnificent. Everyone is super excited to partake in outdoor activities. You can get away with the best weather conditions in spring in most of the states. It is a perfect time to travel in the south with warm and sunny days. It is an ideal time to plan for your favourite outdoor activities or setting for a hiking adventure. There is ever a dull moment for you no matter where you go in the country. The best part is, cities are less crowded at this moment, and you can get low prices on hotels and airfares.
- St. Patrick’s Day falling on 17th March and hosts the country’s largest green-themed event. You can witness the parade, street parties, and ‘green fountain’ in Forsyth Park.
- The baseball season starts in April. If you are a game lover, you can catch a game in Newyork, Chicago or Boston and can have a great time.
- Coachella fest held in April is a desert music festival which is very famous in the country.
Summer Season – June to August
Sunny days mean that there will be a full crowd on beaches and amusement parks. There are many outdoor activities one can plan like spending time in Disney Land, visiting Niagara Falls, surfing, dolphin watching in Massachusetts or doing river rafting. You can also attend some favourite festivals and visits sites like Great Canyon, National Parks such as Yellow stone or Grand Teton. By this time, the mountains look majestic with the snow gone everywhere, and flowers are blooming. East part of the country is relatively hot and humid while the temperature in the northwest is milder and can bring a decent amount of rainfall.
- The climate of the US continental shifts dramatically. The northern states enjoy the warm summers, and snowy winters and the tropical climate of southern states brings long humid summer and mild winters. The US country is so vast and diverse that there is no actual wrong time to visit the country. It depends upon when and where you visit in the country. When you plan to visit the US, you need to plan your travel itinerary very carefully.
- Baseball season which attracts many visitors around the globe.
Autumn – September to October
Autumn season is also considered as the best time to visit the USA. This is the time when the weather cools down, and you can get great deals on your airfare and stay. Autumn on the east coast of the USA is all about New England, which attracts a lot of visitors during this season. With the changing shades of foliage, nature put the astounding colours on the leaves, and you will find striking golden, orange, and red hues all over the landscapes and green spaces. It is an excellent time again to visit the west coast of the US, where days are bright with mild temperatures. In the north side of the country, snow and rain remain while the south remains warm and dry. A lot of tourists are attracted to national parks because of amazing landscapes and active wildlife.
October is the time for Halloween. You can find witches, ghosts, and vampires nationwide on 31st October. This day involves activities like trick or treats, fun gathering, and parties, etc.